American Idol Auditions in SLC
I have always thought that it would be fun to check out American Idol and be a part of the utter chaos. Feel free to make fun of me all you want. By no means do I have a TV worthy voice, but I thought it would be a memorable experience. That is exactly what it was!
I met some really cool people. These are my early morning friends (and our wrist bands).
I got to sit by some awesome people during the long haul.
This is Amanda, who came from CA. She really should have made it through, but it's kind of like winning the lottery. They take maybe 200 out of thousands of people during the first cut. Lame.
This is Zach and his "Sister" (Mom) Brenda. Small world, he went to high school with my brother-in-law. It has been almost 2 weeks and I better be remembering names correctly. Sorry if not :)
When I was cut I wanted to yell, "pick me! I own and can ride a unicycle". It seems these days that singing just isn't enough. Har har.



5 comments:
That's awesome!! Now, you can always tell people that you tried out for AI. And, you can make your story more elaborate the more you tell it! I wanted to try out for So you think you can dance last Feb. but couldn't. So I will revel in your act of craziness instead!!
Hey chic - you are crazy awesome! Can I just live vicariously through you?
SO FUNNY! I totally would have gone with you, you know! ;)
I would have come with you and we could have put together a whole unicycle routine :)
HI....Awesome cool day hanging out at the AI tryouts and meeting new friends. Zach's planning to try out again next year - now that he knows what to expect...we should plan a try-out-party....just a thought :) By the way, can you photoshop my portion of that photo with Zach...make me look another 10 years younger so I'll look more like his sister....LOL
Post a Comment